Family and personal matters
PCM Avocats' expertise in family and personal matters covers every stage of life, and our services in this practice area range from providing advice to handling litigation.
PCM Avocats' expertise and reputation in the field of private international and personal law is built on the skill, knowledge and experience of the firm's lawyers and staff. Their international background and ability to work in multiple languages, together with their extensive network of specialist contacts in other countries, are all crucial advantages when it comes to international legal affairs.
We draw on all of this expertise regularly to assist clients in international divorce proceedings, which require in-depth knowledge of private international law, conflict of law or jurisdiction, and the ability to coordinate with specialist counterparts in multiple different countries.
In addition to a deep knowledge of the law, personal and family matters require a human touch. We have always been mindful of the need to combine technical expertise with the utmost sensitivity and discretion, in the private and personal matters of our clients at every stage of life: birth, adolescence, marriage, divorce, death.
In family and personal matters, we intervene principally in the following areas:
- International private law matters (competent jurisdiction, applicable law, choice-of-law rule);
- National and international divorce;
- National and international inheritance;
- Parental authority, contact rights, maintenance;
- Wrongful removal of children, application of the Hague Conventions;
- All penal cases directly related to family law;
- Protection of adults and minors;
- Administrative procedures for residency cards.